So this is pretty sweet.
A while back, a Reddit user, SpacemasterTom, who was hoping to become a bigger soccer fan, sent emails to every single professional team in England, asking why he should follow their club. Much to his surprise, he got a ton of responses and even earned a trip to Liverpool.
Following his lead, Reddit user Sesve – a Croatian with dreams of becoming an American baseball fan – sent emails to all 30 MLB clubs searching for the same answer.
I’m from Croatia and I don’t know a thing about baseball, but since the new season is almost here, I want to fulfill my dream of becoming a baseball fan, since I’m already a big fan of NBA and NFL. I thought that following and supporting one MLB team would be the best way for me to understand the rules and everything connected with baseball. But since I don’t live in the USA, I don’t feel connected to any team. So, I thought I’ll do the same thing as u/SpacemasterTom and I sent 30 e-mails to every MLB team asking them why should I be their long-life supporter.
And guess what: EIGHT TEAMS ANSWERED.
The Baltimore Orioles, Cleveland Indians, Seattle Mariners, Miami Marlins, Philadelphia Phillies, Washington Nationals, Milwaukee Brewers, and Los Angeles Dodgers actually sent personalized responses to Sesve listing reasons why their ballclub is the way to go.
Apparently, several other teams sent lame, automated responses, but to the ones that took the time to answer, well done!
Here are a few of reasons you should be a Marlins lifelong supporter:
- The Marlins is the second newest stadium in the MLB. It is a massive building, filled with great baseball, excited fans and has joy radiating from the field all the way up to our nose bleed section.
- Miami is one of the most electric, diverse, entertaining cities in the world. Support for our Marlins, is support for Miami.
- Billy the Marlin, our mascot, is goofy, adorable and is blatantly superior to all other major league mascots.
- Our ticket exchange program is the best program in Major League Baseball; it allows you to exchange any season tickets for any game, at any time to fit your personalized schedule.
- We are currently hosting the World Baseball Classic, a global event that has cultivated fans from near and far.
- We have tons and tons of events that come through our park every month. Including but not limited to: Race of Champions, WBC, Guns N Roses concert, the MLB All-Star Game and more!
- We offer many pricing plans and seating options to satisfy anyone’s wants and needs. Our best seats are behind Home Plate and include access to our Ricoh Diamond Club that offers food and drinks before and throughout the game.
Last but not least: We have a beneficial program for all our season ticket holders called Fish Family. If you are a part of our Fish Family, you get access to several events throughout the year. Some are complementary- brunches, access to batting cages, ability to buy All-Star game tickets early, etc. Some are up for bids- being a manager for a day, delivering the game ball, etc. Fish Family is by far the biggest and best reason to become a fan!
(sesve) – these are only a select few reasons why cheering for the Miami Marlins is worth your while. If those don’t convince you, I don’t know what will. We would be so ecstatic and grateful to have you as a fan.
Have a great day and GO FISH! Adele Black Intern, Sales & Service
First of all, that intern needs a promotion, because that was a fantastic response. Second of all, I can’t get over how cool this is. Sure, it’s easy enough to send an email, but responding to one fan like that? That’s very awesome.
Some are obviously better than others, but it’s pretty crazy to see the dedication to the fans. Good job, MLB. You are doing what it takes to keep this sport alive – one fan at a time.
— DEC Management (@davidcanter) March 18, 2017
For more baseball goodness, like Baseball is Fun on Facebook: